Featured

11.22.2011

Riding the wave of doing nothing

In other words, welcome me to the bum life! Hopefully this doesn't last too long though since I have a LOT of things planned for next month. So for the next few weeks I'll be most likely stuck at home or raiding the nearest bazaar I can. Makes me wish I picked up a copy of Feast for Crows! The off-weeks sound too tempting and exciting because I'm looking forward to sleeping-in and sleeping late! 

Don't be like me though. Here's a chance for you to ride and actually DO something. How? Read up:


BIKE TO LIGHT
Deliver 10,000 Bottle Lights to Filipino homes
On November 30, take part in a monumental campaign to deliver light to thousands of homes in Metro Manila.  
Join hundreds of bikers to help bring 10,000 solar bottle bulbs from Camp Aguinaldo to the historical Pinaglabanan Shrine, where they will be distributed amongst volunteers and installed in 30 communities.
FREE FIRST PRINT ' LITER OF LIGHT' T-SHIRTS FOR THE FIRST 1000 BIKERS
FOOD AND DRINKS TO KEEP UP THE ENERGY OF ALL YOU REVOLUTIONARIES 
Be part of the documentary that will be shot on this day which snippets will be shown in Durban South Aftrica on December 6, 2011 on the Climate Change Convention where Liter of Light is invited to speak to 500 world leaders ! Help make this BIG for the Philippines who is leading the way in community built solar lighting.
This Bonifacio Day, commemorate history. Make history. Be a part of a new revolution! 

A lot of my friends are becoming health buffs in their own way - hitting the gym, running, biking, doing Yoga - really, I admire them for their discipline and dedication.
Couple of weeks back I was at the Bonifacio High Street area and the number of runners and bikers I saw surprised me! So if you're one of these enthusiasts, joining Bike To Light is a great chance to clock in some kilometers in your record. And just like any exercise, there's fun in numbers so bring your family and friends.

For more info about the event, visit A Liter of Light's Facebook page or their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment